Friday, April 10, 2009

Comic Cuts

Things could be getting a little patchy for the next couple of weeks as I'm hard at work on The Art of Ron Embleton book, reprinting some of Ron's finest work from the pages of Look and Learn. With about 600 pages to choose from, it's going to be a cracking book. I've still got a lot of scanning to do but I took a a few hours off today to clean up a couple of pages. The above was the first page I worked on and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Don't expect the finished book for a while yet, tho.

One book that is out now is the latest volume from Carlton. It's called Up And At 'Em! and it's another selection of 10 stories from the pages of War Picture Library. Once I get hold of a copy, I'll put together one of my little information columns. But you can order it at a knock-down price via Amazon at the link above. They reckon they've got copies in stock.

The other book that's now definitely out is the US edition of Sci-Fi Art: A Graphic History which was out over here in January. The US edition has a completely different cover (by Oliver Frey) but is otherwise the same book. The UK edition (linked above) has a cover by Vincent Di Fate so I've been incredibly lucky on both editions... go on, you know you want to buy it!

That's it. I've run out of things to plug. Hope you all enjoy your Easter break.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve,

    You have one sale here for your Ronald Embleton book when it is published.

    I have always loved his work.

    I can't wait to see it.

    Best,
    Tim...
    ('',)

    ReplyDelete

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books