Friday, April 10, 2009

Dick Tatham

Dick Tatham and Petula Clark

Dick Tatham was briefly a contributor to Boys' World in the early 1960s but was better known as a music journalist for Record Mirror, Crescendo, Billboard, Disc and Valentine. He also wrote music articles for D. C. Thomson's girls' papers Jackie and Diana. He lived in the Balham and Streatham areas of London in the late-1950s and early- to mid-1960s but that's all I've been able to discover.

Update: 19 December 2012. Tatham's full name was Richard Maurice Tatham, born in Steyning, Sussex, on 8 July 1917, the son of Guy Edgar Tatham and his wife Ethel Maude (nee Disher). He died in Surrey in around August 1981.

Non-fiction
The Wonderful Tommy Steel. Picture-story album. London, Record Mirror Cardfront Publishers, 1957.
Football Champions. London, 1965.
The Bay City Rollers Yearbook. London, Phoebus, 1975.
Elton John, with Tony Jasper. London, Octopus Books, in association with Phoebus, 1976.
Elvis. London, Phoebus, 1977.
The Incredible Bee Gees. London, Futura Publications, 1979.

Others
Cliff and His Wonderful Life, foreword by Dick Tatham. London, Go Magazine, 1964.

4 comments:

  1. Dick Tatham was my mother's brother. I did not have the pleasure of meeting him but my sister did and first cousins did in England. My mother was a war bride who came to Canada when she was 18.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Normajean,

    If any of your family care to share any memories, drop me a line at my e-mail address (top left, below the photo). It would be nice to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand from his next door neighbours that he lived at 3 Becmead Ave, Streatham - can't find him in the electoral rolls but the neighbours recall seeing Cliff Richard visit his house

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dick Tatham was my second cousin, my Gran's ( Muriel Downie nee Disher)nephew. I visited him in 1978 when staying in the Netherlands. Lovely guy. I was glad to have met him and often thing of him.

    ReplyDelete

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books