Monday, May 30, 2011

Comic Cuts - 30 January 2011

Click here to pre-order
I spoke too soon... shortly after writing that I hadn't been hit by the Thursday curse, the raid system crapped out for the second time in three weeks. This time, at the suggestion of Dell's technical support team, I ran some tests on the discs; the first took 3 hours to test, the second took 18 hours. 18 hours!!!

The computer finally rebooted and then took another hour and a half for the raid system to rebuild. Everything is now working again, but I'm convinced this is a second warning shot across the bows that I mustn't ignore. I've got to think about buying a new computer. Damn! The computer isn't a huge expense these days - I don't need a new monitor, keyboard, etc. as I'm happy with the one's I've got. The expense is going to be software (I run a full, professional suite of Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Acrabat, etc.) which could cost me over a grand... Eeek. I think it's going to be a while yet before I get the money together so I'm going to be playing things a bit careful over the coming weeks... lots of backing up!

One thing I'll say about Dell Technical Support... what the hell happened to the phone call? I'd got hold of them on Thursday about half an hour before the guy went off duty for the evening, so we arranged for him to call back the Friday morning. Come Friday, no call. Nothing. Not a peep. Now, as my computer is out of warranty, their technical help cost me £28, which you pay up front. And I've received no effing technical support for my money. I wonder if Dell would like to refund my money because I don't think that suggesting that I run a self-test on the machine is £28 worth of advice.

Anyway, now I've got that off my chest...

This is just a quick note to say that on Saturday we pressed the green button and copies of Eagles Over the Western Front volume 2 have been ordered. The official release date is 13 June, but if copies arrive before that — and I get a chance to address up envelopes and whatnot — they'll be sent out earlier. I'll have copies available at the ABC Show on 12 June as well as copies of volume one, just in case you've not got one yet.

As this is an extra Comic Cuts, here are  a couple of Random Photos sent over by William Rudling who was at Bristol recently promoting the Jeff Hawke Club alongside Syd Jordan. As you'll see, the guests also included Martin Asbury, John M. Burns and an Alien.

Back to normal Friday... if I can get past Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books